Monday 20 May 2013

May 20th update

I'm glad to say that over 2 weeks (17 days, actually) have passed since the operation.  Some time over the last week, the "craziness" subsided and I'm finally starting to feel pretty normal.  My mind is working well on a cognitive level, and my left side motor skills are feeling close to normal.  All in all, I'd say that I'm at 80-90% back to where I was before the surgery.  I'm feeling so well in fact that I convinced Jen to let me ride my bike yesterday...on actual dirt singletrack, not just up and down the driveway!  Having the ability to get back on my bike will be the best thing to come along since this all started.

I have many more doctor's appointments yet to come, and we have yet to get the full pathology reports from what they removed from my brain.  When we get the full and proper information, we will post the news up here, but until that time, we don't want to put up partial or false info, so continue to check back.

There are a countless people out there who have gone way out of their way to help us through this. I don't want to forget anyone and hurt anyone's feelings,  so I'll forgo naming names of all the friends who have "been there" and have showed us not only how many great friends we actually have, but who have showed us the true meaning of friendship.  If you think you even might be on this list, then you are right, you are.  People from as far away as Utah and Oregon and people who live not 10 minutes away.  Lots of folks in Central and Western New York as well as Vermont, Oklahoma, and even England have weighed in.  It has been great to hear from you all, so let's keep it going!

Lastly, I would like to name a few family members who deserve awards for making through all of this with us.

Todd Loiacono and Michelle Foster
You guys brought me burgers and fries when I was in the hospital.  That's what got me over the hump

Susan Loiacono
You fed me some nasty applesauce when I was in ICU.  Thanks for coming all the way to spend some time out here

Steve and Diane Loiacono
Sorry you hade to go through all of this.  No words can thank you guys for all you have done and continue to do.  Thank you

Jennifer Patching Loiacono
You've been through way more than I have, and thank you for seeing me through all of it.  The best is yet to come.

Kaya and Eddie Loiacono
You're dogs, so you'll never grasp how much being with you guys has lifted my spirits and healed my wounds, but thank you!

4 comments:

  1. ummm,that wasn't applesauce......even if "all the way" was 100,000 miles, i still would've been there. but you're welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey duder, since you probably have super powers now, could you make it stop raining so we can ride a trail together. - Doug H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- It's almost two years after this last post. How is Marc and everybody doing?
    - Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing ok here almost 3 years after the operation. The fight against cancer continues...

    Keep the comments coming!

    ReplyDelete