Monday 13 May 2013

well, I'm sure glad that's over

I guess it's time to weigh in since it's been over a week since the surgery.  I was right about one thing, that it was the "easy" part.    I should probably spare most of the details of the post-op shittiness, but trust me when I say it was shitty. and it's still shitty.  The pain is manageable,  the chaos I feel inside my head right now is not.  Think "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" or "Being John Malkovich,  For real.  When they discharge you from the hospital, they don't tell you that the hardest part is still coming.

I'd like to say that at this time, there would have been no getting through this without the constant support and love from my family.   I'll never know what it's like to have to go through this with a son, brother or spouse.

The constant love and affection of my wife Jennifer has been the sole light at the end of what is probably the longest tunnel ever.  She is devoted and caring and has had to put up with way more shit than any woman should ever have to.  She had to put up with my shit long before this fiasco began, and I aim for her to never have her deal with it again.

To Jen:

There's moonbeams we can dream on, when the working day is done.
And there's stars we can wish upon, at the setting of the sun
The sunsets we cry over put our troubles on the run
But more than all these miracles above, good people we've got love
Everybody needs love, love, love love
Just like they need the moon and stars up above.
~Eddie Hinton

I love you, Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. Ayyyy! I'm gettin' freakin' misty eyed ova here! (Vinny Boombatz accent).

    FYI Jen: Marc's shitstream will not end here. I've been on the receiving end for 39 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I know! but for some reason, I keep coming back for more! ...and with a love note like that, who can blame me??!!

    you should have seen the waterworks when I read this post. Unstoppable. Both the waterworks and Marc. I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this blog was a place to make fun of Marc, how can we make fun of him after that post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys rock. Together, you'll get through this. Keeping you in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you too, so much. The prayers won't stop!
    Fight and believe.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete